Kami



Kami is a cute little puzzle game I got for free, I think in a humble bundle, (it's a website that sells bundles of games for charity) that has been sitting in my library for years, unplayed.

The game is a little hard to explain, but very easy to pick up when you actually play it. You have a paper board in front of you, with patches of different colours. And, using a sort of paint-fill tool, you have to try to get the whole board one colour in the smallest amount of moves possible. It starts off easy, but quickly ramps up the difficulty.

I can't think of a lot to say about this game. It's not exactly exciting, but there's nothing wrong with it either. I did get that little jolt of seratonin (or is it dopamine? I'm not too clear on my brain chemicals) when I successfully completed a puzzle, so that's nice. It has a hint system, too, which gives you 3 hints a day, which I think is a clever way to get you to come back daily.

In short, I guess I'd say this game is “fine”. It's got a lovely aesthetic, and it has an elegance to it's simplicity. I wouldn't pay money for it though, and I think you can safely skip it. 2.5/5 stars.

Comments

Popular Posts