The Stanley Parable


The Stanley Parable is another on the short list of games I would call perfect. It is one of those games
commonly referred to as a “walking simulator”, a semi-insulting term for a game where all you have to do is wander around and explore. There's no combat or puzzles or anything. Which might sound boring, and some walking simulators are, but this one isn't.

In Stanley Parable you play as Stanley, an office worker who spends all his time inputting meaningless numbers into a machine. Until one day, something strange happens. I won't say much more than that, because I don't want to spoil anything.

But I mean, this is a review, I have to say something. Well, I guess I can tell you that the game has multiple endings. That's definitely part of the fun, playing the game several times and discovering the different paths you can take. And I can tell you that this is another game which utilises a narrator, and again to brilliant effect.

Hmm, what else? Nope, I think I might leave it at that. Other than to say that I give this game my strongest recommendation. 5/5 stars. Even if you're not a gamer, this is a great one to play, no skill needed.

If you're still on the fence, actually even if you're not, check out the free demo. It's basically a mini version of the game, and if you like one, you'll like the other. But you won't be treading over the same ground either, this demo is totally original and separate from the game, so it's worth playing even if you are going to buy the full game.

Comments

Popular Posts