The Awkward Steve Duology


I'm so glad I stumbled across this game. It's simple and short, but genuinely entertaining. The Awkward Steve Duology is actually two short games, where you play as Steve, who suffers from
Social Anxiety.

The games are FMV games, that is Full Motion Video, or to put it more plainly, actual real life video clips. You're given options like OPEN THE DOOR or HIDE UNDER THE TABLE and then you pick one and a short video plays. So, pretty basic. I think what makes this game stand out is the quality of the writing. It's funny, and also relatable. The first adventure is about a stranger knocking on your door, and trying to reduce your anxiety enough to actually answer it. The second is about your housemate hosting a party and being too nervous to leave the bathroom.

So would I recommend? Yes. I don't think you even have to be into weird little indie games to give this a chance, though it'd definitely help. In any case, I give it 3.5/5 stars.


Comments

Popular Posts